Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 07:45am - 09:15am
Hits : 259
Join Janyce Volodkevich, Consultant with KMA Human Resources Consulting for “Successfully Managing Conflict and Challenging Conversations.”
$20 for KVHRA Members, $25 for non-members - All are welcome!
Program Description –
We are naturally hardwired to defer to our fight-or-flight instincts when engaging in conflict. However, in many instances, conflict offers an opportunity to develop new skills. Many of us avoid having difficult conversations, even though they are important and necessary, due to our own discomfort. Understanding the reasons behind this discomfort and being willing to understand and work through it is crucial to success in work and in life.
In this program, participants cultivate the courage to have those difficult conversations more easily and develop the skills to conduct them efficiently and effectively. Utilizing these practices will help build trust and respect with others.
• Explore strategies for having difficult conversations.
• Increase trust and respect for engaging in difficult conversations.
• Discover how climbing your ladder of inference affects perceptions and actions.
• Explore typical reactions when engaged in conflict.
• Develop a checklist of considerations and motivations before engaging in difficult conversations.
• Provide tools and models to keep conversations on track and engage in more win-win conversations.
• Reframe perspectives about conflict situations.
• Position conflict in your organization as an opportunity to improve relationships and engage in innovative thinking.
Thank you to our sponsor, MaineGeneral Workplace Health
Location Virtual via Zoom