Vice President of Finance
This part-time position is for 21 hours a week at a pay rate of $30 an hour.
The Vice President of Finance plays a formative role in building a positive and productive culture of NAMI with a focus on community service, accountability and results. They serve as internal consultant to the CEO, Vice President of Operations and Contract Compliance, Board and other key stakeholders on all financial matters, making recommendations and suggesting pro-active strategies to keep NAMI on track. The Vice President for Finance fosters productive working relationships between and among the Leadership Team, CEO, VP of Operations and Contract Compliance and staff to ensure that NAMI Maines operates productively and retains invested staff.
The Vice President of Finance must be an expert in financial operations and non-profit accounting. The ability to complete highly detailed accurate reports must be an area of expertise. This role directly supervises the Finance and Operations Manager and as a member of the Senior Management Team as such they hold both accountability for and authority over the agency’s financial operations.
- Provide oversight for and manage of all budgets, and internal financial plans and processes;
- Implement agency fiscal policies in accordance with accounting best practice, laws, and regulations.
- Work with Board Finance Committee to review financial performance. Develop and monitor budgets presenting quarterly and annual financial statements to board of directors
- Coordinate and support all external audit activities
- Generate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as needed to monitor, evaluate and optimize cash-flow and liquidity;
- Ensure accountability to budget.
- Meet monthly with program directors to ensure all grant budgets are on track.
- Sign and authorize all grant-based PO’s based on availability of funding.
- Manage agency’s daily fiscal operations.
- Submit payment requests to funders as outlined in contracts.
- Manage and provide bi-weekly review of payroll process.
- Review and approve all accounts payable and receivable.
- Issue checks for CEO’s signature.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Review short and long-term goals in light of existing and projected financial resources available;
- Create data-based long- and short-term goals, budgets and forecasts;
- Implement NAMI Maine’s investment policies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management with an MBA strongly preferred.
- At least 4 years' senior financial leadership experience required
- More than 10 years' experience total accounting/finance experience with a strong preference for non-profit experience.
- Experience developing budgets and working with external auditors.
- Proficient with Office Suite including Excel.
- Significant experience with QuickBooks required
NAMI Maine will be accepting applications through November 15 via email to Shelley O’Brian at . Applications must include a cover letter and resume. All applications will be reviewed after the close date and we will contact you should your qualifications match the criteria for this position.