MaineGeneral Health is one of the 2019 Best Places to Work in Maine. We are a leading health care system that is proud of the culture of excellence, compassion and collaboration that extends to our patients and their families. We are committed to attracting talented, ambitious people who share our values and strive to provide excellent customer service. We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Security Officer to join our team. If you have a passion for service excellence…we want to hear from you!
- Monitors entrances and exits and prevents unauthorized or unlawful entry. Controls entrances, pedestrian and vehicular traffic and parking.
- Patrols the facility for fire and safety hazards. Makes periodic designated inspections of buildings and grounds. Verifies that doors, windows and gates are properly secured and have not been tampered with. Continually watches for irregularities. Conducts inspections to detect, eliminate or reduce fire hazards. Observes and patrols perimeter areas, structures and activities of security and safety interests as directed. Patrols interior areas. Notes and investigates unsafe conditions and practices which might cause or increase life safety or security hazards. Reports findings and corrective action/suggestions to Supervisor.
- Submits daily reports of observations, conditions found and recommendations. Maintains current Duty Log, Daily Reports, Incident Reports and all other reports.
- Removes persons causing a disturbance. Displays a firm, courteous, patient attitude at all times to employees, patients and visitors. Makes a special effort to assist visitors and presents a good image. During accident, emergency or security investigation protects evidence and/or crime scene. Responds to all alarms, alarm signals or other indications of suspicious activity.
- Reviews the procedure manual on a regular basis and signs the addendum to indicate he/she has read and understands the content.
- Apprises Supervisor, Manager or Director of security and safety developments. Familiarizes incoming and outgoing Security Officers or Supervisors with developments.
- Investigates suspicious activities and abnormal incidents within jurisdiction during an assigned shift. May be required to perform security holds/observations. Holds/watches are conducted on suicidal/homicidal patients, patients with Alzheimer's or dementia, or patients displaying threatening behavior. Physical force may be required during these holds/observations. Handcuffs and O.C. spray are considered personal protection equipment and require certification.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A valid Driver's license and clean driving record (required)
- MOAB certification Handcuff certification
- O.C. (Oleoresin Capsicum) spray certification
- Driver Training
- up to 1 year prior related experience
- Able to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in a suite of Microsoft Office applications
For a complete list of openings and to apply please visit www.mainegeneral.org/careers
Have questions? Contact our recruitment team at