Job Title: Copy & Print Center Supervisor Reports to: Sales and Services Manager
Position Summary: Responsible for creating and maintaining a successful Inspired Selling culture in the Copy & Print Center that is committed to delivering results by providing solutions to customers by managing relationships. This critical role is accountable for achieving key metrics to include profitable sales and margin, customer satisfaction (including quality production), associate satisfaction and turnover reduction. Serve as the leader for the Copy & Print department.
General Purpose: Drive profitable sales growth through team development, quality production and operational effectiveness.
Leadership: Proven track record of leading a selling operation (i.e., financial acumen, sales principles and strategy execution);
People: Confidence in leading a department and promoting a culture that consistently exceed customer & company expectations (i.e., train, develop, coach, stretch).
Selling: Exhibits inspired or advanced level of selling behaviors in all interactions with business customers (i.e., in person, via phone or email). Experience using financial metrics to increase profitable sales (more sales, less waste). Uses Salesforce regularly to maintain and grow relationships with business customers.
Print Production: Experience working in a selling & production environment. Passion for technology, production, workflows.
Operations: Experience managing multiple priorities and leading the execution of operational tasks. Flexible and adaptable to change current or institute new processes as the Copy & Print business grows. Willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the customer and business needs.
– Leadership: Serves as a leader within the retail organization with direct accountability to the Copy & Print Center. Runs a profitable, efficient and effective sales operation through effective people management. Provides feedback and coaching to all Copy & Print associates to build strength, relationships and capability. Takes personal accountability for the retention, development and performance of the CPC team. Partners with General Manager and Sales and Services Manager on Business Discount Program and additional programs as needed. Communicates regularly with copy and print team, store managers and is regularly networking with all associates in order to grow book of business.
– People: Involved in the selection, recruitment and performance assessments of CPC associates.
– Selling: Champions Copy & Print selling programs; Exhibit and Inspired Selling behaviors in all interactions and communications with customers, associates and management and coaches team of associates to do the same; Serves as a Selling and Service role model for whole store. Achieve all sales & service goals and drives DPT through presenting solutions and rigorous utilization of Salesforce.com to grow relationships that result in BDP Net Incremental sales. Respond and resolve customer requests and concerns.
– Print Production: Oversees print production to ensure customers receive quality jobs done right the first time. Follows the Copy & Print Quality First process, a proven production workflow. Conduct Daily Quality Walks every shift and provide positive reinforcement and coaching for deficiencies.
– Operations: Responsible to make sure all operational policies and processes are followed (i.e., machine maintenance, supplies, click counts, UPS reconciliation). When possible, delegates operational tasks to Copy & Print team. Active in copy & print associate scheduling process. Stay current on new Copy and Print technologies, products and services. High degree of comfort working with production machinery and customer management systems including Salesforce.com. High integrity and ethical behavior as a keyholder for the store.
Essential Skills and Experience:
Managing Execution: Strives for perfect quality on all orders from preproduction through post production. Aligns own work plan with core plans and processes of the department; Holds people accountable for achieving goals and conveys clear expectations
Focus on Service: Experience selling to business customers; Service oriented coaching.
Engage & Inspire: Team player; Considers recognition a must in any work environment
Developing Others and Team Capabilities: Provide training, coaching, feedback and guidance to enhance individual and team behavior and skill development. Projects a positive image and serves as a role model for others.
Listens Attentively: Is fully engaged in conversation when working with customers.
Build Relationships: Demonstrate a genuine interest in people, their business and print/office supply needs. Create and cultivate a web of relationships with people across a variety of functions and locations within Staples. Teaches new associates and team skills to engage with customers to identify and solve their needs.
Drive for Results: Accountable for Copy & Print sales, margin, retention and overall satisfaction. Puts in sustained effort to accomplish desired results. Experience and interest in using reports and metrics to shape vision, goals/objectives.
Adaptability: Flexible and adaptable to change current path based on customer need or new process/system. Remains calm/reasonable amidst tense/stressful situations
Leveraging Diversity: Works cooperatively with people who have different backgrounds, knowledge, styles, talents, perspectives, values and beliefs.
Skills and Experience
Must have basic computer skills
Three to five year of key holder experience within a retail environment preferred
Reporting to this Person: No direct reports