MaineGeneral Health is searching for a dynamic, professional, positive can-do minded, customer-service oriented individual that has great analytical skills and enjoys vetting out and solving problems in an ever changing environment. If you answered yes, we would like to invite you to apply for our Payroll Analyst position.
The selected candidate will be part of a team that is supportive, collaborative, flexible, and self-motivated. The ideal candidate’s responsibilities include, but not limited to, analyzing and defining business processes with recommendations on future state processes using the Workday solution, and process biweekly payroll. The position will be full-time and located in the picturesque Hathaway Building Waterville Maine.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Researches, analyzes, and provides guidance regarding payroll administration and policies.
- Analyzes payroll processing and policies for compliance with federal and state legislation and regulations. Compiles, analyzes, and reports on payroll and data utilization and usage data.
- Identifies issues with payroll administration and develops recommendations for prevention/resolution.
- Assists with the research, design, and implementation of new payroll administration and policies. Assists with the resolution of payroll disputes. Identifies and escalates complex or unique issues through proper channels.
- Serves as point of contact between payroll vendors, management, and employees. Monitors contract solicitation, execution, and renewal process.
The ideal candidate should have:
- 3-5 + years’ experience processing payroll for a large company
- Knowledge of tax principles and wage and hour laws
- Testing/implementing new software
- Experience troubleshooting with a successful track record meeting deadlines
- Top-notch communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of Kronos and Workday (strongly preferred)
- Considered an expert using Excel (preferred)
- Analytical and detailed oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field (preferred)
To apply submit an application on the MaineGeneral Careers Site: